Socially-distanced exercise through the eyes of a Collegian photographer

In my personal experience, I find that staying active and staying fit is key to a positive mental attitude. Especially during the time that Larimer County has been under stay-at-home and safer-at-home orders, it has become increasingly difficult to maintain an exercise routine.

When I experience extended periods of idleness, I find motivation in watching others be active. Hopefully, these few images will give you the same sense of inspiration.

Whether you go out and run 10 miles or simply do a quick yoga session, any form of exercise will benefit you in some way, shape or form.

• Will Shulz uses TRX straps against his door in his Fort Collins home on April 17, 2020. (Ian Fuster | The Collegian)

• 15 pound iron weights lie on a tree stump. (Ian Fuster | The Collegian)

• Colorado State University student Greg Barbosa does flutter kicks while holding weights in the living room of his Fort Collins home on April 17, 2020. (Ian Fuster | The Collegian)

• Stephanie Erickson rests after running up and down the stairs outside of her apartment building. (Ian Fuster | The Collegian)

• Will Shulz does inverted pushups against a wall. (Ian Fuster | The Collegian)

• Colorado State University student Greg Barbosa does a pushup while CSU student Lane McFarlin stands on his back in the living room of his Fort Collins home. (Ian Fuster | The Collegian)

• Stephanie Erickson runs up and down the stairs outside of her apartment building. (Ian Fuster | The Collegian)

Collegian | Ana-Fuster
  • Greg Barbosa lifts a bucket filled with water. (Ian Fuster | The Collegian)

Collegian | Ana-Fuster

Ian Fuster can be reached at photo@collegian.com or on Instagram @ian_fuster1