Readers may submit letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please follow these guidelines to increase the chance of your letter being published:
- Please include your full name and your job title. If you are a student, please include your major and year. Additionally, please mention in the body of your letter if you hold any qualifications that may bolster the credibility of your argument. Anonymous columns will not be published, except under circumstances in which the writer can reasonably prove that publishing their name next to their opinion would endanger their personal safety. It is important that no one, except in those few special cases, expect their viewpoint to be published anonymously because it helps the credibility of the opinion section. To be able to vet the source of a claim is essential, and personal name-based accountability helps ensure civility.
- Please refrain from including personal attacks on Collegian authors or people referenced in Collegian articles. Feel free to critique what someone wrote or how they wrote it, but ad hominem attacks cannot be published.
- Please use paragraph form. Lists are difficult for us to format to fit our spaces correctly.
- We retain the editorial right to edit content for length and clarity. We will never edit a piece to change the message or viewpoint being conveyed.
- Please keep your submission at or under 650 words long.
Thank you. We look forward to hearing from you.