LSD trafficking operation busted in Loveland

Delaney Allen

An illegal, cross-country LSD trafficking operation was disassembled in Loveland March 20 after police searched a residence at 3213 Overlook Lane, according to a release from the Northern Colorado Drug Task Force.

Ronald Williams, 33, poses for a mug shot. Williams was arrested on March 20 in Loveland after the Northern Colorado Drug Task force and a number of other operations shut down an illegal, cross-country LSD trafficking operation. Williams was arrested on a "$NO BOND" warrant from North Carolina for distributing over 1,000 doses of a hallucinogenic substance. (Photo courtesy of the Larimer County Sheriff's office.)
Ronald Williams, 33, was arrested March 20 after the Northern Colorado Drug Task Force and a number of other operations shut down an illegal, cross-country LSD trafficking operation in Loveland. Williams was arrested on a “$NO BOND” warrant from North Carolina for distributing over 1,000 doses of a hallucinogenic substance. (Photo courtesy of the Larimer County Sheriff’s office.)

Members of the NCDTF and Larimer County Regional SWAT Team served a warrant leading to the arrest of Ronald Williams.

Williams was arrested on a “$NO BOND” warrant from North Carolina for distributing over 1,000 doses of a hallucinogenic substance.

The Mocksville Police Department Vice Narcotics Unit and Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office, both of North Carolina, were the lead investigators on this particular case. The Larimer County Sheriff’s Office Strategic Enforcement Unit, the Denver and Fort Collins Drug Enforcement Agency and the United States Postal Inspectors were also involved in the investigation.

Loveland Fire Rescue Authority Hazmat Team and Thompson Valley Emergency Medical Services were called to the scene as a precaution to prepare for potential contact with hazardous chemicals during the operation. However, there were no hazardous materials detected and emergency services were not necessary.

Delaney Allen can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @DelaneyAllen0.