5 Strategies for Landing Your Dream Job After Graduation

Graduated and feeling lost about your next steps? Looking to set up your life, find a good job, and earn money? Who doesn’t want that, right?...

Our Print Edition
Courtesy of Democratic Socialists of America Fort Collins
Palestine Benefit Concert supports local families through art, music
Cadence Cardona, Staff Reporter • July 14, 2024
National: Shooting at Trump rally leaves attendee dead, violence condemned by Colorado politicians
Allie Seibel, Editor in Chief • July 14, 2024
A graphic of a mother and daughter walking down a red, white and blue striped path facing fireworks in the distance. At the base of the path is a small brown truck.
Fort Collins' annual Independence Day Parade draws international crowd
Sophia Masia, Staff Reporter • July 9, 2024
In an indoor gym, a woman track athlete holds a shotput ball above her head in preparation to throw.
Morris, Lesnar, Hawkins represent Rams in US Summer Olympics team trials
Adam Gross, Staff Reporter • July 7, 2024
View All

Bomb threat at CSU library all clear after evacuation

Students evacuated Tuesday evening after a bomb threat was made at the Colorado State University library. 

An all-clear was issued by the CSU Police Department at 9:47 p.m. following the evacuation around 7:30 p.m. There is no device or threat in the building, according to CSUPD. Police have not made an arrest.

CSUPD officers sweep the LSC looking for suspects of a bomb threat in Morgan Library on campus. (Davis Bonner | Collegian)

About 100 students stood outside of Morgan Library around 7:30 p.m. watching as the CSU Police arrived on the scene. Students were evacuated by a fire alarm, but the University later sent out an alert at 7:42 p.m. informing the campus that a bomb threat was made.  

The suspect is a 30-40-year-old white man with a red beard, according to CSUPD. Police ask the public to call 911 if anyone who fits the description is seen. 

The Morgan Library is the only building on campus under the bomb threat. No other buildings have been evacuated. Officers were seen clearing the library room by room with assault rifles after the building was evacuated.

The suspect is a 30-40 year old man with a red beard. He was captured on Morgan Library’s security cameras Tuesday evening. Photo courtesy of the CSU Police Department.

Many students waited outside the library, held back about 150 feet away from the building. According to eye witnesses, students were slow to evacuate and several thought it was a drill or a prank. 

“People were packing up pretty slowly,” said Saskia Czura, a freshman biochemistry student. “Everyone evacuated, though. I was kind of surprised because I really thought it was a drill, but I’m glad everyone is safe.”

Students will not charged library late fees Tuesday night or tomorrow morning. The library will remain open as scheduled until midnight. 

“Our first priority is that the students who are working in the building, both our employees and students studying, are safe,” said Amy Hoseth, an interim assistant dean for the library.

Collegian Editor-in-Chief Erin Douglas can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @erinmdouglas23