Calendar: ENSLAVED presents 15 minute look at modern slavery

11x17-2What: ENSLAVED

When: Friday, April 26 from 2 to 8 p.m.

Saturday, April 27 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Where: East Ballroom in the LSC

Cost: Free, 18+ without a parent’s signature, 15+ with signature. Waivers are available at nomoreinjustice.com.

“Everyone can agree that slavery is morally wrong, but they don’t realize it’s still happening now,” said International studies major and volunteer Sam Pavich. This event aims to change that; this 15-minute sojourn into the life of a modern slave is intended to enlighten. Put on by No More Injustice, a company founded by social work major Michelle Jacoby and human development and family studies major Kalista Consol, ENSLAVED depicts the brutality of human trafficking.

Please note there are references to physical, emotional and sexual abuse, foul language and war-zone simulations as part of this experience and age restrictions apply. Learn more at nomoreinjustice.com.

What: Fort Collins Waltz Night

When: Saturday, April 27 at 8 p.m.

Where: Club Tico (1599 City Park)

Cost: $5 for students, $10 for adults

If you’ve ever considered that your life doesn’t have nearly enough ballroom dance, consider the following*. Preceded by free lessons at 7 p.m., this event features live music by Purple Zephyr and refreshments. More information is available at (970) 493-8277.

*Bill Nye just became irritated and doesn’t know why.

What: Save the Frogs Day

When: Saturday, April 27 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Where: Fort Collins Museum of Discovery

Cost: Free

This is probably technically oriented towards children, but I mean. We’re all someone’s kid. Anyway, frogs are really cool and incredibly threatened by changes in their environment so check this the heck out.

Learn more at facebook.com/FCSaveTheFrogsDay

What: Vegfest 2013

When: Thursday, April 25 and Friday, April 26 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Where: Near the Vietnam Bridge and the lagoon on the CSU campus

Cost: Free

If you missed it Thursday it’s not over yet! Vegfest continues Friday with a celebration of the vegan lifestyle and free information about health and nutrition. Special guest John Pierre (he tells vegan celebrities how to do the vegan thing and be fit) will also be there. Get off the couch and get your veg on! See the joke there is that sitting on the couch watching TV and slowly dying can be referred to as “vegging out.”