Coloradoan investigates lack of discussion on Hughes Stadium

Hughes Stadium
Hughes Stadium (Photo credit: FamilyHolland.com)

According to the Fort Collins Coloradoan, CSU staff, administrators and consultants have not been examining the ways in which Hughes Stadium could be improved, but rather communications are focused on development of the new stadium. Reporter Madeline Novey wrote:

“A spokesman said CSU is looking at Hughes’ future and will include findings in a report delivered to CSU President Tony Frank next month. But university emails and records requested by the Coloradoan revealed little new information regarding plans to renovate or expand Hughes.”

Since March, according to the article, there have been roughly two dozen “electronic communications” centered on Hughes Stadium. Officials replied to Novey by explaining that  there are existing plans for expansion and renewal.

Don’t read any of this as relating to Hughes fate, CSU spokesperson Kyle Henley told Novey:

“We’re not done, is the point, with the Hughes piece.”

In comparison, Save Our Stadium Hughes (SOSH) has been plenty vocal  on the subject of CSU current stadium.  Check out their ongoing volunteer opportunities:

First Friday Art Walk– First Friday of every month. Deb James sets up about 7:30 p.m. on the Oak St Plaza (Oak and College) and encourages others to join her. Call her directly (970-231-5774) if you want to help.

Drake Road Farmer’s Market – Saturdays 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. We have a booth at this event.

Larimer County Farmer’s Market – Saturdays 8 to noon  – 200 W. Oak (Courthouse).  We do not have booth space and set up in the public right of way (green space between sidewalk and street).

Noon Notes – Tuesdays – 11:30 – 1:00 p.m. – Oak St Plaza. We do not have booth space and set up in the public right of way (green space between sidewalk and street).

Ben & Jerry’s Friday night concerts – Fridays – 7-9 p.m.  – Old Town Plaza. We do not have booth space and set up in the public right of way (green space between sidewalk and street).”