Odell Brewing Company and Silver Grill Café join together for the fourth annual release of ‘CinnsationAle’

Nov. 10, 2016 marked another successful collaboration between local hotspots Silver Grill Café and Odell Brewing Company on their annual release of “CinnsationAle,” an autumn ale inspired beer.

The event that has been alternatively dubbed as “Breakfast in Your Beer” was hosted in Odell Brewing Company’s Tap Room and featured a multitude of guests.

Heather Beckman, the co-owner of Silver Grill explained how this unique partnership came about:

“Four-years-ago, I had been trying to experiment with what we could do with our cinnamon rolls since they are kind of our claim to fame and my partner, John Arnofolo, brought up the idea of calling Doug Odell to try and create a collaboration beer between our two companies,” Beckman said.

The rest is history, as they say.

Silver Grill and Odell Brewing Company are no strangers to the local market of Northern Colorado as Silver Grill just recently celebrated its 83rd anniversary and Odell Brewing Company is currently in its 27th year.

The two have both acknowledged that a sort of “cult” or local following has occurred ever since the respected companies joined forces to create such a lucrative beer.

“I think this has gained a local following for sure,” said Kailey Schumacher, the tap room manager over at Odell’s. “I mean there are people who show up in the morning who will fill up a couple of growlers and, of course, if you hand out free Silver Grill cinnamon rolls, people are going to show up. We are looking forward to it. It’s always a fun event for us.”

Silver Grill and their delicious cinnamon rolls may be part of the reason behind the success of the CinnsationAle flavor, but Alex Kanye, the marketeering coordinator at Odell’s attributes the seasonal change as part of the pairings success as well.

“I think it is just the right time of year for it,” Kanye said. “You are staring to see that seasonal change; it’s got those spices that give it flavor that just really go well with this time of year.”

As the party started to kick off, it was obvious that whether or not it was the seasonal change or the addiction to Silver Grill’s cinnamon rolls, the combination worked.

The line at the bar to try and order the limited edition flavor was starting to accumulate. The wait seemed to be prolonged by the line that seemed to never end.

“Our first year, we didn’t really know how the turn out would be,” Beckman said. “Odell only had about one or two bartenders that worked the first night of the event, and the line was out the door.”

It is clear that whatever attributes to this quintessential relationship, it is working. The beer still retains that hoppy, beer flavor that we all can psychologically taste in our throats, but at the same time, it creates an explosion of flavor that can only be replicated in the form of Silver Grill’s cinnamon rolls. This combination works.

When asked on whether the relationship will continue between Silver Grill and Odell’s, the responses were almost homogeneous.

“I think that depends on the customers,” Schumacher said. “It has gained a sort of a local following, and we enjoy collaborating with awesome local companies. I think it is likely to continue.”

When asked the same question, Beckman had this to say:

“I hope so,” Beckmen said. “With this being our biggest event, it gets stronger and stronger every year. We love doing this, and our hope every year has shifted from ‘if’ to ‘when’ this release will take place.”

Whether you like beer or not, the fact two respected and admired local companies can come together and create a product that encases two particular market audiences, is nothing short of brilliance. Silver Grill makes food; Odell’s makes beer. The two combined however, creates perfection.