LTTE: MW Sportsmanship letter to student body

Guest Author

Dear CSU Students,

The Mountain West (MW) Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) believes the most important aspects of sport are ethics and sportsmanship.  As members of the CSU SAAC, we are pleased the MW continues its initiative to enhance this philosophy.

We are asking for your assistance, once again, in making this effort an ongoing success.  We understand that, in order for CSU to convey a message of ethics and sportsmanship, it must have the support of everyone involved with athletics on our campus, including you – the students.  It is our behavior that will shape the perception of our institutions and teams by the public, the media and our opponents.  

Strong ethics and positive sportsmanship must be displayed both on and off the playing field.  All of us must take a leadership role to compete at the highest levels, always endeavoring to win but doing so with grace, class, dignity and respect.

Please join us in supporting the MW Sportsmanship Initiative and establishing Colorado State University as a strong representative of positive fan behavior.

Thank you for your commitment and support and GO RAMS!

Cordially,

The CSU 2015-16 Student-Athlete Advisory Committee:

Toby Van Ry & Joe DeCiman – Men’s Basketball

Myanne Hamm & Hanna Tvrdy – Women’s Basketball

Elroy Masters & Nick Stevens – Football

Kyle Dunkle & Logan Iverson – Men’s Golf

Elisabeth Rau & Mikayla Tatman – Women’s Golf

Erika Bratschun & Megan Speed – Soccer

Jaelyn Manzanares & Larisa Petakoff – Softball

Christina Bassani & Gabby Morley – Swimming/Diving

Maddie Buxton & Madison Porter – Tennis

Nick Costello, Austin Blaho & Andrew Goodman – Men’s Cross Country/Indoor Track/Outdoor Track

Isobel Brown, Mariah Witt & McKenna Spillar – Women’s Cross Country/Indoor Track/Outdoor Track

Grace Gordon & Dri Culbert – Volleyball