Several promotions offered for volleyball team’s Saturday matchup with No. 4 Wisconsin

vs. Nebraska WEB - 9-2-11 (38)With both teams undefeated entering the weekend, Saturday is setting up to be one of the biggest matches in Moby Arena history. The No. 13 Colorado State volleyball team will play host to No. 4 Wisconsin, the 2013 national runner-up, at 7 p.m.

In its history, CSU holds 16 wins against top-10 opponents, with the most-recent coming in 2011, over No. 5 Nebraska. That was also the most-recent meeting between two top-15 teams. CSU, ranked No. 15 at the time, fell behind 2-0 before storming back to knock off the Huskers in front of 6,750 fans.

SATURDAY’S MATCH LABELED AS A WHITE OUT

Fans are encouraged to dress in white for Saturday’s match vs. No. 4 Wisconsin. Dating back to 2010, CSU is 3-1 in White Out matches, with three of them being the top-three attended matches in CSU volleyball history.

WELCOME BACK BBQ SPONSORED BY WELLS FARGO

Wells Fargo will be sponsoring a welcome back BBQ for CSU students prior to the match. Beginning at 4:30 p.m. on the lawn north of Moby Arena, the first 500 students will receive free pizza from Papa John’s. Additional food samples – including Fuzzy’s Taco Shop, Jimmy John’s, TCBY and more – will be available for all students from 4:30-6:30 p.m., as will prizes from other sponsors. The grand prize includes a signed Tom Hilbert volleyball and a $100 Ram Zone gift card.

1,500 POSTERS TO BE GIVEN AWAY

On Saturday, 1,500 limited-edition White Out posters will be distributed. The poster features Adrianna Culbert, Cassidy Denny and Deedra Foss, and the players will be on hand following Saturday’s match to sign the collector’s item.

PURCHASING YOUR TICKET

Tickets for Saturday’s White Out are going fast, and the athletics department is expecting one of the largest crowds in CSU volleyball history. Tickets can be purchased at the McGraw Athletic Center from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. through Friday, on the phone at 1-800-491-RAMS or online. Saturday’s match is volleyball’s Commitment to Campus match, with discounted tickets for CSU faculty and staff. Tickets for students are free, and can be picked up online or at the McGraw Athletic Center.

Collegian Sports Staff can be reached at sports@collegian.com