Kappri Bibbs earns late NFL combine invite

Earning a late invite, CSU running back Kappri Bibbs will join teammates Crockett Gillmore and Weston Richburg at the NFL Scouting Combine held Feb.22-25 in Indianapolis, Ind. This is the first time since 2001 that CSU will be represented by three athletes.

“I’m really excited to showcase my abilities and everything I have worked hard for,” Bibbs said in a press release from the CSU athletic department. “I just really feel blessed at this moment and I know this is only the beginning of good things to come.”

Bibbs announced an interest to join the NFL draft on Dec. 29 via his personal Twitter account. A surprise announcement to Ram country with two eligeable season to play at CSU, Bibbs stats this season put him in an opportunity he could not resist.

In the 2013 season Bibbs earned a school record of 1,741 yards, the fifth-most nationally in one season along with leading the NCAA with 31 touchdowns. He was also named second-team All-American by the Walter Camp Foundation.

“It’s a great time to be a Ram,” head coach Jim McElwain said. “I’m excited to see our players have a chance to showcase their abilities in postseason all-star games and at the Combine. People can see what a special place we have at Colorado State. The more team success we have, the more individual opportunities we will see like this.”

Break Out: NFL Combine Tests and Evaluations

40-yard dash

Bench press(225 Ib repetitions)

Vertical jump

Broad jump

20 yard shuttle

3 cone drill

60-yard shuttle

Interviews – (Each team is allowed 60 interviews in 15-minute intervals

Physical measurements

Injury evaluations

Drug screen

Wonderlic test(Intelligence test)

Players also go through positional based evaluations

Assistant Sports Editor Haleigh Hamblin can be reached at sports@collegian.com