ASCSU elections: How to vote and when to vote

(Graphic illustration by Abby Flitton | The Collegian)

Piper Russell, News Reporter

Elections for president, vice president and speaker of the senate of the Associated Students of Colorado State University will be held April 4-6 on RAMweb.

Voting opens April 4 at 8 a.m. and closes April 6 at 4 p.m. Students can vote for candidates online by logging in to RAMweb. President and vice presidential debates were held Monday, March 28, at 7 p.m., and speaker of the senate debates will be held Tuesday, March 29, at 7 p.m. Both debates will be hosted and livestreamed by CTV.

Since Rob Long and Elijah Sandoval are the only candidates running for president and vice president, they will answer questions that the CTV moderators ask. There will also be a section at both the president and vice president debate and speaker of the senate debate for audience members to ask the candidates questions.

The winners will be announced April 6 at 8:00 p.m.

Gemma Buhaenko, elections manager, spoke about voter engagement at ASCSU’s senate session March 23.

“I think it’s really important to stress advertisement,” Buhaenko said. “We’re looking … like we’re going to struggle with voter engagement this year. Just with how elections has gone, the timeline has been all over the place because of the change of leadership — we’ve struggled to get accurate advertisement out.”

The candidates running in this election are:

President and vice president:

• Robert Long and Elijah Sandoval

Speaker of the senate:

• Evan Welch
  • Nicholas DeSalvo
  • Rithik Correa

Senators:

• Lydia Oker, College of Agricultural Sciences
  • Faraaz Bukhari, College of Health and Human Sciences
  • Theo Reese, College of Liberal Arts
  • Abroa Pereira, Warner College of Natural Resources

Editor’s Note: The original version of the article stated that voting ends at 5 p.m. April 6, it has been updated to accurately reflect that voting ends at 4 p.m.

Reach Piper Russell at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @PiperRussell10.