Unlocking the Digital Treasure: A Dive into Cryptocurrency Exchanges

Ever wondered, amid all this digital currency buzz, what is the value of Ethereum today? It's a question that sparks the curiosity of many,...

Spring Glade fire breaks out near Fort Collins

Update (July 24, 6:55 p.m.): The fire that broke out between Fort Collins and Loveland the morning of July 22 was contained as of 5 p.m. Monday evening, according to the Larimer County Sheriff’s Office.

The fire did not grow while Loveland Fire Rescue Authority and Poudre Fire Authority contained the blaze. No injuries were reported.

LFRA and LCSO investigators concluded that the fire was accidental and caused by a mechanical failure in mowing equipment. No criminal charges will be filed, according to LCSO.

Update (July 23, 8:30 p.m.): The size of the fire was 371 acres with 95% containment as of 7:35 p.m. on July 23, according to Larimer County Sheriff’s Office. The fire did not spread overnight while fire crews attempted to contain it. 

Original:

Amid hot and dry conditions, a grass fire broke out late Saturday morning west of Coyote Ridge between Fort Collins and Loveland.

The fire grew to 277 acres and was 40% contained at 2:30 p.m., due to the responses of multiple agencies. At the time the Spring Glade fire started, it was 25 acres in size.

David Moore, of the Larimer County Sheriff’s Office, reported three buildings threatened by the fire, with no reports of damage so far. He did not know what kind of buildings were at risk.

There were 124 voluntary or mandatory evacuation notices sent to residents in the surrounding area. A voluntary evacuation notice was also sent out to the entire Rim Rock area.

An evacuation center was established at Lucille Erwin Middle School, located at 4700 Lucerne Avenue in Loveland.

As a result of the fire, the Coyote Ridge Natural Area was closed, and residents were advised to avoid Taft Hill Road south of Harmony Avenue.

This is a developing story and will be updated.

Collegian news reporter Colin Raunig can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @colinraunigCollegian news director Haley Candelario contributed to this report and can be reached at hcandelario@collegian.com or on Twitter @H_Candelario98.