UPDATE: Speed considered factor in fatal motorcycle crash

A fatal motorcycle crash closed the intersection of College Avenue and Swallow Road Monday night. (Piper Davis | Collegian)

Update: 12 p.m. Tuesday

Authorities are considering the speed of both motorcycles as a factor in the fatal crash that closed College Avenue and West Swallow Road for five hours Monday night.

According to a press release by Fort Collins Police Services on Tuesday morning, the two motorcyclists were traveling south on College Avenue when a white Chevrolet Tahoe made a left turn in front of them. The Tahoe was driving north on College Avenue, attempting to turn west onto Swallow Road.  

One of the motorcycles, driven by a juvenile, managed to avoid collision with the Tahoe, but crashed his motorcycle on College Avenue. 

The juvenile was immediately transported to the Medical Center of the Rockies.

The second motorcyclist was pronounced dead on the scene after colliding with the right rear of the Tahoe. The name of the deceased motorcyclist will be released by the Larimer County Coroner’s office following a thorough investigation.

The driver of the Tahoe has been identified as Stacie Kenney and the vehicle had two passengers. All passengers of the vehicle remain uninjured.

Anyone who has information and has not spoken to law enforcement is encouraged to contact Officer Tim Brennan at 970-416-2229.

Original:

A fatal motorcycle crash closed the intersection of College Avenue and Swallow Road Monday night.

At 7:24 p.m, emergency dispatchers received a call of an injury accident at the intersection of College Avenue and West Swallow Road. The Fort Collins Police Department responded to the incident.

The accident involved two motorcycles heading down College Avenue and a white Tahoe heading eastbound on Swallow Road.

One of the motorcyclists was pronounced dead on scene. The other motorcyclist was rushed to an area hospital with serious injuries. The driver of the white Tahoe is in stable condition.

The intersection is anticipated to be closed for an additional few hours since the crash team is on scene conducting further investigations of the accident.

The investigation ongoing and is in its early stages. More details will be released by Fort Collins police at a later time.

Collegian reporter Piper Davis can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @PiperLDavis.