Celebrate Around the Horn on Nov. 13

Colorado State University students will be celebrating and promoting the Around the Horn on-campus bus system on Nov. 13.

The celebration will advertise the convenience and usefulness of the bus. Groups of students will be set up at the bus stops on Plum St. near Laurel Village and at the stop near the parking garage on Lake St., according to the press release.

People can stop by these bus stops to receive free food and coffee, and participate in T-shirt giveaways. To get a T-shirt, riders must download the Transfort App and ride the Around the Horn bus.

The event intends to generate interest in the Around the Horn bus and provide information to the community about other resources on transportation at CSU, according to the press release.

The Around the Horn bus system in a 10-minute loop around campus and makes 13 stops. According to the press release, the bus intends to make commutes easier and encourage people to take alternate forms of transportation.

The Around the Horn bus system was voted on by CSU students and was implemented by Transfort with help from the Associated Students of CSU this past August. It is a campus shuttle system that is free for all riders and available to campus visitors as well as students and staff.

CSU administration has been pushing alternative transportation on the community to reduce vehicle traffic on campus, which will increase campus safety, according to the CSU website. The shuttle is funded by ASCSU and parking permit and ticket revenue.

Collegian Reporter Sady Swanson can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter at @sadyswan.