Fort Collins makes list of stops on the “Rick & Morty” promotional roadtrip

• While waiting in line to buy themed merchandise, fans had the chance to pose with the giant Rick Sanchez attached to the mobile store. Despite hot weather, Rick and Morty fans still seemed delighted to be there. (Sarah Ehrlich | Collegian)

• The ‘Don’t Even Trip’ tour has been making it’s way through America, selling exclusive merchandise and experiences to Rick and Morty fans. One of two vehicles in the tour was the Rick Mobile, a mobile store in the shape of beloved (or perhaps behated) character Rick Sanchez. (Ty Davis | Collegian)

• The second vehicle in the tour was a tow truck seen in a Rick and Morty episode. It held all of the exclusive merchandise such as clothing, phone accessories, masks, and figurines. (Sarah Ehrlich | Collegian)

• An inflatable “Pickle Rick” delighted fans in line. (Sarah Ehrlich | Collegian)

• An inflatable flailing tube to the likes of Rick and Morty character ‘Mr. Poopybutthole’ entertained fans while they waited in line. (Sarah Ehrlich| Collegian)

• The line to buy merchandise stretched across the Lyric’s back parking lot. (Sarah Ehrlich | Collegian)

• In a season 4 episode of Rick and Morty, Rick takes Morty on an adventure to seek out Szechuan sauce, a limited sauce the McDonald’s sold in the 1990s. The Lyric added a special menu item to commemorate the sauce. (Sarah Ehrlich | Collegian)

• Horse and Dragon Brewery made a special pickle sour firkin called “Pickle Rick Roll” for the event. ‘Pickle Rick’ is perhaps the most favored meme to come from the show, in an episode where super genius Rick turns himself into a pickle to avoid family therapy. (courtesy of the Lyric Cinema Instagram.)

Wubba lubba dub dub! This past Friday the 13th was a lucky one for Fort Collins-based “Rick and Morty” fans. 

The Lyric Cinema and the Adult Swim television network collaborated to bring an exclusive merchandise truck and party to all local “Rick & Morty” fans, complete with a ‘Schezuan Sauce Special’ and a ‘Pickle Rick Roll’ Pickle Sour Firkin, brewed specially by Horse and Dragon Brewery.

rick and morty
The ‘Don’t Even Trip’ tour has been making it’s way through America, selling exclusive merchandise and experiences to Rick and Morty fans. One of two vehicles in the tour was the Rick Mobile, a mobile store in the shape of beloved (or perhaps behated) character Rick Sanchez. (Ty Davis | Collegian)

Adult Swim launched a nationwide promotional tour of the popular show with the Rick Mobile, a mobile store in the shape of the titular character Rick Sanchez. The vehicle has toured from city to city selling one-of-a-kind merchandise such as pins, t-shirts, phone accessories and more. The tour began in May with the first stop in Atlanta, Georgia and will end there as well after touring more than 30 U.S. cities, that has included Colorado Springs and Boulder. 

The Lyric also hosted a “Rick & Morty” marathon, curated by Facebook fan voting on which episodes they would like to see in the Lyric’s larger theater. Food based on the show was served including Szechuan sauce and chicken nuggets, and pickle beer; both in reference to popular memes spawned from the show.

Although merchandise would not be sold until 5 p.m., fans started gathering in line as soon as the Rick Mobile arrived around 3 p.m. Within minutes, the line was snaking through the backlot of the Lyric, where the Rick Mobile was parked. Fans then continued to willingly wait in the heat for almost two hours until the store opened.

The event also hosted a tent for the Infinite Wellness Center, where fans could earn pre-rolled joints for a penny, and spin a prize wheel. Attendees 21 or over received a 10 percent off discount via an event wristband, by purchasing an alcoholic drink at the theater.

Even later into the evening, the lines remained long for both merchandise and food, with fans surely hoping to gain unique ways to show their love for “Rick & Morty.”

More information about the Rick Mobile’s next stop is available here.

Ty Davis can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or @tydavisACW on Twitter.