Meet the Photographer: Megan McGregor

Megan McGregor has been working as a photojournalist for The Collegian for one year. McGregor is a landscape architecture student at Colorado State University. 

Every Friday, The Collegian posts a photographer’s favorite photo they’ve taken for the Photo Desk on Instagram. Referring to the first photo below, McGregor said:

My favorite photograph was taken of Sarah Balliet on March 5. Balliet plays cello for the band Murder By Death on their 20th anniversary tour for the band’s stop in Fort Collins. This is my favorite photograph due to the fact that it illustrates my growth as a concert photographer. Despite initially forgetting a memory card to this concert, I was able to shoot with precision and clear intention — something that I was able to learn after practice and experience as a photojournalist.”

woman playing cello
Sarah Balliet plays the cello on stage during Murder By Death’s set at Washington’s March 5. The band changed their set list every night of their 20th anniversary tour, catering to their passionate fans. (Megan McGregor | The Collegian)
  • Tyler Morse solos on the bass during Murder by Death’s set at Washington’s March 5. (Megan McGregor | The Collegian)

• Adam Turla, guitarist and lead vocalist of Murder by Death, plays and sings during a show at Washington’s March 5. The band toured to celebrate 20 years since their first performance. (Megan McGregor | The Collegian)

• Emma Tiemann plays the violin on stage with Murder by Death on the band’s 20th anniversary tour March 5. She joined the band on the upcoming tour and will be present at all upcoming shows. (Megan McGregor | The Collegian)

• The band, Murder by Death, played a show at Washington’s to celebrate their 20 year anniversary on March 5. The tour featured fan-curated sets as a thank you to the band’s dedicated fan base. (Megan McGregor | The Collegian)

• Murder by Death cellist Sarah Balliet plays at Washington’s March 5. The band changed their set list every night of their 20th anniversary tour. (Megan McGregor | The Collegian)

Megan McGregor can be reached at photo@collegian.com or on Instagram @meganmcgregorvisuals.