CSU softball’s Jessica Jarecki earns her third Mountain West Pitcher of the Week honors

Junior pitcher Jessica Jarecki gets to add another accolade during her time at Colorado State.

Jarecki earned  her third Mountain West Pitcher of the Week Honors Wednesday. This is the seventh team award this season.

The Rams are coming off a great home win against Northern Colorado Tuesday. They played great as of late, winning five of their last six games, four of which were conference games.

The Rams’ stellar pitching is one of the main reasons why the team is successful this season. Their rotation keeps opponents off the board and gives the lineup a chance to produce runs.

The Rams will host San Diego State for game one of their last home series of the season Friday at 4 p.m. Game two will be Saturday at 1 p.m. and Sunday at 12 p.m.

Jarecki dominates opposing teams when she’s in the circle.

The pitcher allowed just one run in 12 innings over the weekend. She finished with an ERA of 0.58 and a 2-0 record. She went the distance in both of her starts and even managed to shutout Nevada in one them.

She also struck out a total of 10 batters and only gave up two walks. She held her opponents to a mediocre .209 batting average.

Saying that Jarecki had a great week would be an understatement. Her pitching has been lights out, which is much needed for the Rams.

The Rams are going to be a tough team to beat if Jarecki continues to pitch the way she has.

The trio of Bridgette Hutton, Jarecki and Taylor Gilmore is something that teams aren’t excited to see. This three-headed monster looks to lead the way in the seven remaining games for the Rams.

Junior Guerrero can be reached at sports@collegian.com or on Twitter @juniorg45.