CSU basketball adds Minnesota transfer Kevin Dorsey

Justin Michael

Colorado State men’s basketball has added sophomore transfer guard Kevin Dorsey, the school announced Thursday Sept. 1. Due to NCAA sanctions, Dorsey will sit out the entire 2016-17 season, and will have three years of eligibility remaining after.

“As we do with any student-athlete that CSU is looking to add to the program, the athletic department and the University does their due diligence,” Eustachy said. “The group collaborates to evaluate each potential student-athlete so those selected will be a positive impact to both their program and to the University as a whole. With Kevin, we have done the same and, as he is welcomed to campus, we look to continue to help him in his development as a young man.”

In 26 games coming off the bench for Minnesota last season, Dorsey totalled 6.8 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1.4 assists in just over 18 minutes per-game. Dorsey’s best game as a Golden Gopher was at Indiana (Jan. 30), where he scored a career-high 21 points and recorded four rebounds and one steal.

Coming out of high school, Dorsey was a four-star and top-100 national recruit by ESPN, 247Sports and Rivals.com.

Collegian sports reporter Justin Michael can be reached by email at sports@collegian.com or Twitter @JustinTMichael.