CSU football, men’s hoops find new radio home on 102.9 FM

Colorado State University and its athletics multimedia rights holder, Learfield’s Rams Sports Properties, have agreed to a new three-year partnership with Fort Collins-based Townsquare Media Northern Colorado, the school announced Thursday.

KARS 102.9 FM will now serve as the flagship station for live broadcasts of Rams football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball games after CSU’s contract with ESPN 105.5 FM ended earlier this year. 

Additionally, KARS “Rock 102.9” will carry all live weekly football coaches’ shows during the fall, and basketball coaches’ shows during the winter, while Denver-based Mile High Sports will carry football, men’s basketball and select women’s basketball games on KDCO 1340 AM for the next three years.

“We’re excited to be partnering with Townsquare Media Northern Colorado and Mile High Sports to deliver our game broadcasts to our fans along the Front Range and across the state of Colorado,” CSU athletic director Joe Parker said in a press release. “Quality programming of our athletics events is key to sharing the CSU Athletics experience, and I’m encouraged to have two trusted stations providing our game broadcasts and broadening our engagement.”

The first Colorado State game to air on 102.9 FM and 1340 AM will be the annual Green and Gold Spring Football Game on Saturday, April 23

If one CSU athletics event conflicts with another CSU event, the conflicting broadcast will air on Townsquare’s sister station KMAX 94.3 FM.

“Townsquare Media in Northern Colorado is excited to be teaming up with Rock 102.9 to be the flagship station for Colorado State University Athletics,” Townsquare Media Northern Colorado Market President Pat Kelley said in the release. “We look forward to a long and mutually beneficial partnership with the good folks at Learfield’s Rams Sports Properties. Go Rams!”

Football broadcasts will include a two-hour pre-game show and a one-hour postgame show, featuring interviews with head coach Mike Bobo and players live from the locker room.

Basketball coverage will include 30-minute pregame and postgame shows. Men’s head coach Larry Eustachy and women’s head coach Ryun Williams will be featured before and after every game, as well as interviews with Rams players.

All live broadcasts of games and coaches’ shows will also be available via livestream on CSURAMS.com.

Collegian Sports Staff can be reached at sports@collegian.com.