Rams defeated by Utah State

Disappointing- one word I would choose to describe the CSU, Utah State game this afternoon. The final score was 13-0 with a Utah State win in a battle previously thought of as well matched.

Though the teams are ranked next to each other in the Mountain West, the Rams didn’t show it today. While the defense was on point, holding Utah State to just 13, CSU’s offense failed to put points on the board. The passing game was almost nonexistent, as quarterback Garrett Grayson struggled to connect with receivers completing 16 of 39 passes. Grayson was also sacked four times. The game was long and painful as hopes of a winning slipped away as the clock ticked down in the fourth quarter.

This loss means that the Rams have lost to the top two teams in the Mountain Division and the now fourth-place team (San Jose State) in the West Division. The Mountain West is competitive, and although CSU has it’s most impressive record since 2008, there is still room for the team to improve. You can’t get to the five yard line and fail to capitalize.

The best opportunity for CSU offensively against Utah State was a field goal opportunity on fourth and five. Kicker Jared Roberts missed the field goal as the ball bounced off the left upright, and CSU was shut out.

Stay tuned for more post game coverage.