Provence and Paris

Provence was very quaint. We did so many things in so little time, it was overwhelming. First we visited the Pont du Gard which is a Roman aqueduct. After we went to Chàteauneuf-du-Pape. We visited a vineyard and had a wine tasting. It was all great, then we went to Avignon where our hotel was. We had dinner at the hotel, and went to a local pub after. It was a pretty quite night in Avignon, as it is a quite town. The next day we went to the Palais des Papes where we had a tour. After that we left and visited les Baux de Provence. It had some amazing views at the top. Our last visit was the Carrières de lumières which was an underground art show in the dark. It was a projection of the pictures on the walls and unlike anything I’ve ever seen. I’d say it beats any museum I have seen thus far and it was definitely the highlight of the trip.

This past weekend I went to Paris because we had Thursday and Friday off from school. It was wonderful, as one can imagine. Thursday we got chipotle right away, and then just hung around Montmartre where our airbnb apartment was. We couldn’t check in until seven. Finally we were allowed in, and it was wonderful to have our own homey-space. We just chilled that night and bought some groceries near by. The next day we went to the Opera house, where the phantom of the opera takes place, and toured around. I asked a worker if we could go down into the pools but he said there wasn’t any water and no we could not go. It was worth a try. PLUS he responded to me in French. Sometimes they speak English which annoys me because I’m trying to practice my French more. After that we went to the musée de l’armée which was very large. I only got through a section from louis XIV to Napoleon. Or the other way around, I forget now. I saw Napoleons tomb right next to it, it was neat. After that we went to the musée de Rodin, which was rather small. The gardens surrounding it were my favorite. The Thinker was hanging out in the gardens too. Friday night we made a stir fry of fresh market vegetables and beef and potatoes. It was delicious!!! Overall a very successful day.During this time my cinéma project was due. I had to make a video, and it surprisingly turned out okay. I will paste the link at the bottom. Good news is I did get it in on time.

Saturday Shelby and I went to the Champs-Eylsées and walked around for a long while. We also got a drink by the Seine which was a bundle of fun. We didn’t really want to go in a ton of touristy places since the day before we hit three. That night we attempted to make strawberry daiquiri’s but failed quite terribly.

Sunday we went to the jardins des tuliers which was cool. We also walked around the Louvre. The Louvre is enormous. We didn’t go in because we didn’t have enough time since we all had to meet back at the apartment at certain times since we only had one key. For lunch though Shelby and I grabbed some falafel sandwich things at L’as de falafel which is the best falafel in the world, according to Lenny Kravitz. Later that night, Grace and I went to go hang out with her friend who is living in Paris. We went to a local’s bar jam session which was really cool. After we went back to her apartment for some drinks and what not. Definitely a fun night.

Monday was our return date. We went to the Eiffel Tower and had lunch close to it. Unfortunately though it was there that I got my first French ticket. Me and the other girls I was traveling with all got them. We bought tickets for the metro (kids tickets to eliminate costs) and I accidentally threw mine away after I scanned it because didn’t think I would need it. Once we were leaving the metro station, there were cops who were monitoring who had tickets and who didn’t. Of course I didn’t so they were fining us 50 euros. I don’t want to talk about it more because it’s making me mad. The lunch was delicious and after that we were walking around until it was time to catch a taxi back to the airport.

This week is very pleasant as far as weather goes. Tomorrow is my last day of cinéma class and Friday I take my last seminar exam. Unfortunately I have to miss our excursion to St. Marguerite, an island where the man in the iron mask was held. But once they all return we are having beer Olympics on the beach. HOW FUN. Saturday though we are going to some cool cove where we can go kayaking! After some of us girls are going out to dinner for a friends birthday

We only have one week until the Cannes Film Festival. On Wednesday and Thursday the 21 and 22 I will be volunteering with amfAR’s events which is a gala dinner where all the stars go. It costs $10,000 to go to the event, so yes I will probably be seeing some celebrities. I also got my internship for the Cannes Film Festival. I will be an intern for “La Semaine de la Critique”. I am extremely excited about all of that, not only will these be incredible on my résumé but so many stars will be there. It’s truly amazing we get these opportunities. I really want to see Christian Bale. Every day. Every night. In my dreams. That’s about all I have for now.