N-word found written in IM fields restroom

Colorado State University Recreation Center staff found the N-word written in the outdoor restrooms on the IM fields Sept. 29, according to a message sent to Rec staff.

“We share this all with you knowing that this semester has already included a number of bias incidents, and those events have hurt many members of our campus community, including our own campus Rec staff,” the message said. 

The CSU Police Department was notified about the incident, and the vandalism was removed. A bias-incident report was also submitted.

There have been circulating rumors that the N-word was written in blood, although this has not yet been confirmed by CSU Public Relations staff.

“Our values are community, integrity, development and inclusion,” the message said. “Racism and all other forms of oppression do not align with those values, and we do not welcome those things in our department or in this community as a whole.” 

The Collegian received video evidence of the incident but is not posting it due to its graphic nature. 

Delaney Allen can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @DelaneyAllen0.