Flyers associated with neo-Nazi, white nationalist group found near Lory Student Center

Flyers associated with the Traditionalist Worker Party were found on the Colorado State University in the outside area between the Lory Student Center and the Engineering building Sunday evening.

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, TWP is a white nationalist group associated with other neo-Nazi and white supremacy groups.

Flyers read, “Diversity means fewer white people,” “It’s ok to be white,” “Love your people” and “If not you, who?” 

Flyers similar to these were found on the CSU campus earlier this week from Identity Europa, another white supremacist group.

Similarly, white supremacist flyers and sentiments have been found on college campuses across the nation, including Princeton and Casper College.  

Following a report on Sunday evening, CSU Facilities Management removed the flyers from campus.

“The sentiments expressed are deeply offensive and do not reflect the values and character of the CSU community,” wrote Dell Rae Ciaravola, senior communications coordinator for the CSU Public Relations Team, in an email to the Collegian.

Ciaravola also gave a list of resources for anyone impacted by this incident:

• CSU Health Network counseling services available during business hours at (970) 491-6053 and 24/7 assistance at (970) 491-7111
  • Student Case Management available at (970) 491-8051
  • CSU Health Network Spiritual Care Services available at (970) 495-4223
  • Residence Life staff are always available to offer assistance and support
  • Student Diversity Programs and Service offices.
Anyone concerned about this topic have been urged to reach out to Tell Someone  (970) 491-1350). For bias-related incidents, citizens are urged to reach out to  Incident of Bias reporting system or call the number above. Callers can remain anonymous, and professionals on campus will follow up to offer resources as appropriate

Collegian reporter Austin Fleskes can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @Austinfleskes07.

– – – – – – – – –

Documenting Hate: Share your story

There is no reliable data on hate crimes and incidents of bias nationally. In an attempt to collect data and stories on hate crimes and incidents in our community, The Collegian has partnered with ProPublica’s Documenting Hate project.

When you fill out this form you are sharing your story with ProPublica, The Collegian and a coalition of news organizations and civil rights groups. Your information will not be shared outside the coalition without your permission, and it will not be reported to police or with CSU.

You may remain anonymous in any news story we write if you believe you may be subject to retaliation or if your safety may be in jeopardy. 

Find resources for people who have been affected here.

We know that you’ve gone through something traumatic. Thank you for coming forward and telling us what happened.