How to Increase eCommerce Sales with SEO

With the development of the online shopping market, SEO has become a crucial factor in driving targeted traffic and increasing sales. Effective...

Halfway through #GivingTuesday, CSU community raises almost double last year’s donations

Colorado State University is celebrating #GivingTuesday, an annual online trend that promotes giving during the holiday season, by collecting donations for Rams Against Hunger and other local causes.

As of about 4 p.m. Tuesday, CSU’s Office of Annual Giving had raised about $18,411 from 243 people, said Thea M. Rounsaville, the assistant director of annual giving. On last year’s Giving Tuesday, the University raised about $10,000 from 125 people.

Every little bit helps and goes directly toward providing healthy and nutritious meals from the Colorado State University dining centers to students struggling with food insecurity,” states an e-mail sent to students.

Throughout 2014, the University raised $50,729 for Rams Against Hunger and provided 6,975 meals.

Donations can be given online or by texting the word TUESDAY to 51555.

A video about Rams Against Hunger posted on the CSU Annual Giving Youtube page.

Collegian News Editor Ellie Mulder can be reached at news@collegian.com or via Twitter @lemarie.