Larimer County election guide

Polls close and ballots are due at 7 p.m. Tuesday. There is still time for Fort Collins residents to cast their vote for city Ballot Issue 2B, Colorado state Proposition BB and Poudre Valley School District board members.

Fort Collins Ballot Issue 2B would allow the City of Fort Collins to look into options that could include city involvement in high-speed broadband connectivity. If approved, Fort Collins would be allowed to devote resources to telecommunications within the city.

Colorado state Proposition BB, if passed, would allow marijuana tax revenue to continue to go toward funding public schools and other state projects. The marijuana tax revenue exceeded the estimate voters had approved in 2015. In accordance with the Taxpayer’s Bill of Rights, the state is required to ask voters whether they would like to refund the exceeded amount or continue to use it to fund schools and projects. If Proposition BB fails, funds that exceeded the estimate voters approved will be refunded to Colorado taxpayers, marijuana retailers and marijuana purchasers.

Fort Collins voters will also choose directors for Poudre Valley School District. With five open positions, only two of those are contested races. In District A, incumbent board Vice President Cathy Kipp is running against Michael Pruznick. In District F, Gavin Kaszynski is running against Rob Petterson for the position vacated by Nancy Tellez due to term limits. The other three candidates are running unopposed.

24-Hour Ballot Drop-off Locations (Nov. 2 and Nov. 3 at 7 p.m.)

Business Hour Ballot Drop-off Locations (Nov. 2 and Nov. 3)

Monday

Tuesday (Election Day)

Nov. 2

Nov. 3

8 a.m. – 5 p.m.

7 a.m. – 7 p.m.

Voter service and polling centers (Nov. 2 and Nov. 3)

Voters may drop off their voted ballot, obtain a replacement ballot, change their address or register to vote at the Voter Service and Polling Centers.

Monday

Tuesday (Election Day)

Nov. 2

Nov. 3

8 a.m. – 5 p.m.

7 a.m. – 7 p.m.

• Larimer County Courthouse, 200 W. Oak St., 1st Fl., Fort Collins

Collegian Breaking News Editor Sady Swanson can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @sadyswan.