ASCSU presidential campaigns to begin Monday

Campaigning for the Associated Students of Colorado State University 2015 elections will begin Monday.

Senator Jason Sydoriak, a senior political science major, will run for president with Deputy Director of Student Services Taylor Albaugh, a sophomore business major, for vice president.

Kwon Yearby will be running for president with Clayton King as vice president. Both are junior economics majors. Yearby served as a senator in fall 2014, but was impeached in November. He said he disagreed with the conditions under which his impeachment took place.

The voting period will begin April 6 at 8 a.m. and will close April 8 at 4 p.m. Voting stations will be available in the Lory Student Center or the Morgan Library, and students can vote online at RamWeb.

Candidates for ASCSU senate have been announced as well. All full-time students taking 12 credit hours are eligible to run for senate, and colleges with fewer people running still have spots available for candidates.

Candidates for the College of Agricultural Sciences are Ashley Higgins, Adrian Bailey and Jonathan Kuhlman.

College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences senate candidates are Jon Goldstone and Yunus Ozekin.

Intra-University candidates for senate are Luke Yeager, Christian Habert, David Prucelli and Nathan Rhine.

Candidates for the College of Liberal Arts are Pranaya Sathe, Josh Williams, Taylor Bryan, Spencer Nolan and Kelsey Bigham.

Candidates for the College of Health and Human Sciences are Michelle Sogge, Jessica Teal and Chris Brancaccio.

For the College of Engineering, candidates for senate are Chris Bueno, Kassi Prochazko and Peter Seel.

For the College of Business, Connor Grieshaber will be running for senate.

Kalyn Bonn will be running for a senate position with the College of Natural Sciences.

Graduate school candidates are Mohamed Jefri and Andrew Bondi.

Collegian Assistant News Editor Christina Vessa is available online at news@collegian.com or on Twitter at @chrissyvessa.