New Hampshire firefighters raft for a good cause

Firefighters from Nashua, New Hampshire will participate in the Rafting for Wishes Challenge from Wednesday-Friday, July 31-Aug 2.

According to The Telegraph, “The firefighters will become relay rafters, led by their team captain, Michael McInnis. The team will occupy a raft with at least one member for 44 hours on Meredith Bay in Lake Winnipesaukee in an effort to raise $44,000 for Make-A-Wish New Hampshire with nine other teams.”

Nashua firefighters will float in honor of their ‘Wish Buddy,’ Hannah, age 7. Hannah recently returned from her Make-A-Wish experience at a Florida theme park and visited the Nashua fire department on Spit Brook Road on Sunday, July 21.

“‘Once in a lifetime, a fairy tale happens,’ said LeeAnn Vigeant, Hannah’s mother. ‘This was the best week of our life. We did not worry about health, medications and money.

‘We were just happy seeing Hannah have the time of her life and feeling like a princess.’

This is the third annual Rafting for Wishes put on by the Nashua firefighters.

To read more about the event, nh.wish.org