Meet the Photographer: Gregory James

Gregory James

Gregory James has been working as a photojournalist for The Collegian for about a year. James is a biomedical sciences student at Colorado State University. 

On Fridays, The Collegian posts a photographer’s favorite photo they’ve taken for the Photo Desk on Instagram. Referring to the first photo below, James said:

“This was my favorite photo I’ve taken for the Collegian because of the raw emotion you can see in the Colorado State player standing over the Air Force player. It was a point in the game where the Rams were winning the game by two scores, and this moment personified that.” 

Player stands over opposing player
Defensive end Manny Jones (33) stands over Air Force full back Timothy Jackson (34) in the Rams 38-21 loss to Air Force on Nov 16 at Canvas Stadium. (Gregory James | The Collegian)
  • Members of the “Junior Rams” cheer on the Colorado State Rams women’s basketball team in their 56-55 win over the visiting Utah State Aggies on Jan. 25. (Gregory James | The Collegian)

• Sylvia Wilkins stands in the European foods section of her store City Drug, Nov. 9, 2019. Wilkins runs the store with her children, Bernie and Barbara Wilkins. Wilkins bought the store in 1991 with her husband Charles, who has since passed away. (Gregory James | The Collegian)

• CAM the Ram tries on an audience member’s hat at the Colorado State volleyball 3-0 win over Nevada on Oct. 26, 2019. (Gregory James | The Collegian)

• Fort Collins community members pet CAM the Ram at the Homecoming Parade on Oct. 4, 2019. (Gregory James | Collegian)

• Blodgett, an Instagram famous dog with over 4,000 followers, leaps between the pillars next to Morgan Library on Feb 18. Blodgett, accompanied by his owner/trainer/motivator Ian Krammer, was on the Colorado State University campus to practice tricks and train for upcoming mountain climbs in the summer. (Gregory James | The Collegian)

Gregory James can be reached at photo@collegian.com or on Instagram @gregory.g.james.