Meet the Photographer: Devin Cornelius

Devin Cornelius

Devin Cornelius has been working as a photojournalist for The Collegian for 2 1/2 years. Cornelius is a computer science student at Colorado State University. 

Every Friday, The Collegian posts a photographer’s favorite photo they’ve taken for the photo desk on Instagram. Referring to the first photo below, Cornelius said:

This photo is my favorite because it reminds me of when I used to take photos in high school. I spent so much time with the softball team when I started taking photos and it inspired me to continue doing it in college. I’ll always remember the long cold nights and the hot afternoons with the coolest people I had ever met.”

Ashley Ruiz (18) throws the ball to first base
Ashley Ruiz (18) throws the ball to first base during the University’s second game against Purdue at the Colorado State Classic Softball tournament on March 8. The Rams won 4-3. (Devin Cornelius | The Collegian)
  • Colorado State University wide receiver Dante Wright (22) stretches out to catch a pass from quarterback Collin Hill (15) during Colorado State’s first home game against Western Illinois, Sept. 7, 2019. CSU defeated Western Illinois University 38-13. (Devin Cornelius | The Collegian)

Collegian | Devin Cornelius

• Andrew Bird plays the violin as he headlines the final night of New West Fest, Aug. 11, 2019. (Devin Cornelius | The Collegian)

• Colorado State University softball player Kailyn McVay (8) hits the ball to the outfield during the University’s first game against Purdue University at the Colorado State classic softball tournament on March 6. CSU won the game 11-5. (Devin Cornelius | The Collegian)

Collegian | Devin Cornelius

• Colorado State University volleyball player Katie Oleksak (22) sets the ball away from Fresno State players during the Colorado State Pink Out game against Florida State University, Oct. 10, 2019. CSU won three sets to zero. (Devin Cornelius | The Collegian)

Collegian | Devin Cornelius

Devin Cornelius can be reached at photo@collegian.com or on Instagram @devincphotos26.