Vendors find community at Larimer County Farmers’ Market

As the seasons change again, Fort Collins foodies and everyday cooks can continue to enjoy farm-fresh goods.

The Larimer County Farmers’ Market, located just west of Old Town, gives fresh food enthusiasts the opportunity to stock up on local and organic produce. The farmers’ market has been serving the community of Fort Collins since 1975. It reminds Coloradoans of the excellent and delicious produce that is locally grown. 

The market hosts dozens of vendors every weekend, and you can walk around and try a variety of samples, meet new businesses or purchase some local produce to cook up a fresh homemade meal. The market is open for everyone and is dog-friendly.

The Larimer County Farmers’ Market takes place every Saturday from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. until the end of October. Its located at 200 W. Oak St., Fort Collins

While the farmers’ market offers so much, each vendor and stall are different from one another. Every seller at the market has their own story about their contribution ⁠— and not just what’s on the table in front of them.

Brady Stewart, who operates J. Brady’s Seasonings, moved to Fort Collins from Oklahoma City and found that the community has helped his business thrive. 

“I think the community in Northern Colorado and Fort Collins is very food-centric and community-orientated,” Stewart said. “It’s very collaborated and not a competition; it’s more of a way for the farmers’ market to help producers and people share ideas. People love supporting high quality and local goods. It really helps with small businesses as well.” 

The weekend farmers’ market provides vendors an opportunity to share their business ideas and products.

People love supporting high quality and local goods. It really helps with small businesses as well.”-Brady Stewart, owner of J. Brady’s Seasonings.

“As a local producer for a product, it’s great that the farmers’ market is there for us (vendors) to put our wares out for the community,” said Jeannette Gaiter, a local business owner that runs The BoCo Bar at the farmers’ market. “I know that the group of women who run this market are awesome.”

Sam Sedoryk can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @samsedoryk.