Fritzler Farm Park welcomes fall with new and classic events

Some people consider Halloween to be a month-long celebration. Fritzler Farm Park, formerly Fritzler’s Corn Maze is one local business that can help people get into a spooky mood with many fall-themed activities, including their popular corn maze and pumpkin patch.

Fritzler Farm Park, formerly Fritzler’s Corn maze revealed their new maze design on Sept 13, 2018. The park continues its regular fall events, the Oktoberfest from Oct. 6-7 and Hometown Heroes from Oct. 13-14. (Colin Shepherd | Collegian)

Owner Glen Fritzler has operated the farm park since 2000, expanding the business to include over 20 activities. This year’s new addition is the Field of Fun which features farm-related carnival games fit for all ages that include corn hole and steer roping. In addition to kid-friendly activities, the farm offers campfire rentals and a chance to indulge in carnival confections such as funnel cakes and fried Oreos.

The newly added beer garden gives attendees a chance to try the beer from WeldWerks, Veteran Brothers Brewing and Breckenridge Brewery. The Rocky Mountain Taphouse will supply a nonprofit tap to support Kids for Kyla, an organization supporting Colorado families who seek adoption or infertility treatments. Both of Fritzler’s children are adopted, and he said he has always had a soft spot for adoption agencies and understands how expensive adoption can be. 

“It was terribly expensive when I adopted my kids 25 plus years ago, and it’s only gotten more expensive,” Fritzler said. “We just decided with our love for adoption and our connection with adoption that would be a great benefit for everyone to hook up with [Kids for Kyla].”

Fritzler plans to continue adding new activities each year while ramping up the scary part of the corn maze, “Scream Acres,” during the farm’s annual “Fall at Fritzler.”

Fall at Fritzler is happening now through October 31.

“We try to add something new and exciting every year so people have a reason to come back,” Fritzler said. “Some years we do modest changes, but this year we’ve been working on changes for Scream Acres. I walked through the other night and I was absolutely blown away by how much better it is than any other year.”

row of buildings
In addition to the corn maze and pumpkin patch, the park features a stage for live music, concession stands, and plenty of activiies for groups. (Colin Shepherd | Collegian)

Fritzler says the process of making the design of the corn maze starts early in the season before the corn gets too tall. This year, the design will include the farm’s new logo and name, a decision made to let people know this place is more than just a corn maze. The farm strives to be a fun and educational place for Colorado residents to spend their day.

“There are still people who don’t have an idea of where their food comes from,” Fritzler said. “That’s what’s cool about [the park], it introduces people to a farm where there are animals, pumpkins and corn, and they can go out and see corn on the stalk or pick a pumpkin directly off of a vine.”

Sarah Ehrlich can be reached at sehrlich@collegian.com and on Twitter @sarahehrlich96.