5 Aggie Theater shows to look forward to this semester

A new semester at Colorado State University brings out countless opportunities for unique experiences in the Fort Collins area. This year is no different with Aggie Theatre’s unique musical lineup.

Featuring the local venue’s expected hodgepodge of genres, this semester is sure to be jam-packed with great music. More acts are expected to be added throughout the year, but for now here are the five acts to keep an eye out for this semester.

Dorothy

Date: Wednesday, Aug. 22, 2018

Price: $17.50 advance or $20 day of

California rock band Dorothy is bringing their boot stomping-brand of hard rock to the Fort Collins scene. Scream along to the soaring voice of Dorothy Martin during their hits “Raise Hell” and “Flawless.” Fans can revel in the electrifying sounds of vintage guitars with a modern twist.

Additional shows at the Aggie can be found at aggietheater.com

Hoodie Allen

Date: Friday, Sept. 28, 2018

Price: $30 advance or $35 day of

Hoodie Allen has been quiet in rap news until the announcement of his 2018 “Hanging with Hoodie” tour with hip-hop artists Gianni Taylor and Kyle. For an affordable price, attendees can see the concert and also meet Allen himself. Diehard fans of pop-rap should give this show a shot.

Skizzy Mars

Date: Saturday, Oct. 13, 2018

Price: $18 advance or $22 day of or $81 VIP meet and greet

The East Coast rapper has been making waves for years, collaborating with the likes of G-Eazy and Kyle. This fall he has presented “phase 2” of his “Are You Okay” tour. Mars’ one-of-a-kind instrumental choices mixed with ear candy flows are guaranteed to make the party go all night. Openers Goody Grace and Allday have some pretty catchy pop tunes in their catalog as well.

a concert at the Aggie
3OH!3 performing on the Aggie Theatre Stage | Courtesy of Henry Netherland

3 OH!3

Date: Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2018

Price: $25 advance or $30 day of

The legendary Boulder duo had a recent sold-out performance at the Aggie earlier in the spring, but under the added title of “Emo Nite,” the Aggie Theatre could be the Halloween hotspot for self-loathers everywhere, in a good way. “Emo Nite’s” Facebook explains that they are not a band or DJ’s, just people who “throw parties for the music (they) love.” Fans can see the future of emo music courtesy of the show’s opener: up and coming rapper lil aaron, who boasts a song with Travis Barker.

The Black Dahlia Murder performing at Dong Open Air 2015. Courtesy of Markus Felix.

The Black Dahlia Murder

Date: Tuesday, Nov. 27, 2018

Price: $25 advance or $30 day of

Michigan death metal band The Black Dahlia could make you snap your neck from headbanging. If the throat obliterating vocals fused with the blood pumping guitar playing does not do the trick, there are few things that will. But for fans leaning towards the sound of deathcore, Knoxville based band Whitechapel will make an appearance to the Aggie Theatre at Nov.  25.

Collegian reporter Henry Netherland can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com and on Twitter @netherlandhenry.