New Belgium to launch CSU beer “Old Aggie” Saturday afternoon

New Belgium will host a launch party at 2 p.m. Saturday for their new CSU-inspired beer, Old Aggie. 

Photo courtesy: New Belgium Brewing
New Belgium has crafted a new beer that is celebratory to the years of partnership between the brewery and CSU and the new stadium.

From 2 p.m. until 6 p.m. at New Belgium Brewery, located at 500 Linden St., the Colorado-based brewery will host a kick off party for their new lager. 

The beer was a collaboration with Colorado State University to commemorate their partnership over the years. In 2015, New Belgium Brewing co-founder Kim Jordan gave a $1 million grant to CSU’s newly established fermentation science and technology program. Then, in 2016, the company donated more than $4 million to the construction of the on-campus stadium. 

More than 100 CSU alumni work at the local craft brewer, according to the New Belgium website.  

A portion of Old Aggie sales will go towards CSU athletics, the CSU fermentation sciences program and responsible drinking at the University.

About Old Aggie:

• Lager
  • 4.7 percent ABV
  • Described as crisp and easy to drink
  • Available in Fort Collins on July 1
  • Available across the Front Range and Denver on Aug. 15

Follow along on snapchat with the Collegian at the launch party: @CSUCollegian

Collegian Editor-in-Chief Erin Douglas can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @erinmdouglas23.