A guide to free concerts in Fort Collins

Concerts can be expensive. Ticket prices alone can be enough to turn away some people from enjoying a night of music. In fact, the current national average for a concert ticket is $42. Fortunately, in Fort Collins there are plenty of free concerts to go to this summer, which is good news for local music fans and their wallets.

There are several free concert series in Fort Collins, most of which are right in Old Town. While some of these series are already underway, some of them are just about to kick off. There is a huge focus on the local music scene this year, with plenty of new and up-and-coming artist. Here are the free concert series you might want to check out:

Ben and Jerry’s Concert Series

The Ben and Jerry’s Concert Series consists of 10 free concerts, and there is a new artist featured each Friday. The series has a huge focus on a wide variety of genres. With Folk, Blues, R&B, Motown and rock, there is plenty of music for everyone to enjoy. There is even a youth night with two musical acts for the entire family enjoy. For a look at the full lineup click here.

Bohemian Nights at NewWestFest

The only thing better than one free day of music is three free days of music. Bohemian Nights at NewWestFest is a festival held each August in downtown Fort Collins. This year, the festival takes place August 12, 13 and 14 and has a focus on a wide variety of genres. Each night will have a renowned headliner, including The FrayDeVotchKa and a surprise headliner on the third night. This is a huge chance to catch some of Colorado’s biggest acts all in one place. Click here for a list of the full lineup and schedule. 

Bohemian Nights Presents Thursday Night Live

From the same organization that put on Bohemian Nights at NewWestFest, the Thursday Night Live series focuses on some of Colorado’s emerging talent. If you are looking for something on Thursday nights, then head to Old Town Square at 7 p.m. for some free fun and exciting concerts. There are plenty of fun acts including Pandas and People and Blue Grama. For a look at the full lineup, can click here.

Lagoon Concert Series

The Lagoon Concert Series is eight weeks of free music, all right in the middle of CSU at the Lagoon. There is a new band taking the stage every Wednesday night, performing a wide variety of music. There is also a focus on the local food truck scene at each show. The Lagoon Series has already started and continued through August 10. If you want free music and great local food, then Wednesday nights at CSU is where you should be. For a look at the full lineup and food trucks, click here.

Noontime Notes Concert Series

If you want an earlier and more intimate concert setting, then the Noontime Notes Concert Series is for you. Taking place at the Oak Street Plaza, the focus of this series is on smaller music performances. The series started June 7 and continued through August 9. Click here for the full lineup for the shows.