R.I.P. Brian Griffin

For those of you who were out hitting the slopes over break or partying hard before buckling down before finals, (ha maybe) you might have missed some really tragic news concerning one of T.V’s most well known K-9 intellectuals.

Brian Griffin
Brian Griffin (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

On Sunday November 24th, Fox aired Brian Griffins final moments to a stunned Family Guy audience.   As we all might recall, Brian has gotten into countless fights. I mean he was almost beaten basically to death by Stewie that one time… remember!? He’s even been set on fire, guys! But turns out one nice Quahog afternoon, Brian gets hit by  a car and ends up dying!? Sorry- spoiler alert- he dies when he’s hit by the car.

Seriously, Seth? Why?

What’s really confusing about Brian’s death is that it happened, and also that he died with like some sort of weird sense of like, I don’t know, serenity? Compared to the cynical, alcoholic, atheist Brian I know, the one who died during season 12 episode 6.

In addition, Brian is voiced by the creator of Family Guy, Seth MacFarlane. And houstonianonline.com  made a really valid

English: Seth MacFarlane at the 2010 Comic Con...
English: Seth MacFarlane at the 2010 Comic Con in San Diego (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

point and stated that Family Guy isn’t, “Saving any money on voice talent. In fact they are losing money by replacing Brian with another dog with a different voice.” Yeah guys, there is a new dog now. Some sort of Italian pooch with a

heartwarming story about the reasons he’s good for the family and blah blah blah…

I’m not convinced. It’s all happening really quickly and Vinny (the new dog) is being voiced by some guy from the Sopranos and it kind of feels like Brian’s death is just being swept under the rug.

What about peanut-butter-jelly-time?

But like me, many FG fans have retaliated and even started a petition on Change.org in order to bring Brian back. I have no idea if this will change the creators’ minds considering we saw Brian’s casket go into the ground, but then again, it is Family guy.

Until then, the ‘Life of Brian’ remains a burial ground for Brian, the beloved ORIGINAL dog from Family Guy.