Hodi’s Hosts Benefit Concert with Shaley Scott Tonight

Last week’s flowing water along the Colorado Fort Range has transformed many natural areas into mud filled fields, building basements into soggy floors and mountain roads into unsafe mazes. Yet, it has transformed Fort Collin’s stages into musical fundraising platforms.

Hodi’s Half Note has announced that the show this Saturday, September 21st, will be a benefit for those affected in the recent floods. Shaley Scott along with her band are headlining the show,  with Robin Lewis of Free Range Pickens.

Shaley Scott performs on Saturday at Hodi's, for a  Northern Colorado flood benefit concert.
Shaley Scott performs on Saturday at Hodi’s, for a Northern Colorado flood benefit concert.

FoCo MX festival describes Scott as “Amy Winehouse meets Tom Waits.”

Tickets are six dollars for those over 21, and $11 dollars for those under 21. The profits of the event will be directly donated to flood relief and Hodi’s is donating the financial backing of the event.

Along with financial contributions, physical contributions are requested. There will be boxes at the venue to collect supplies.

Coats, clothing, shoes, new socks are helpful for those who have lost homes and personal items; and non-perishable food items and any other necessities such as toiletries, cleaning supplies or blankets are encouraged as well.

All tangible items will be donated to the Northern Colorado Donation Center located in Loveland, and financial contributions will be donated to the Community Foundation of Northern Colorado.

Robin Lewis performs from 9-10 and Shaley Scott headlines from 10:30-11:30.

Shaley Scott is a piano, guitar and vocalist, with a high-energy performance and a relatable sound

“Shaley Scott’s original style is the perfect blend of pop music fundamentals and 21st Century trends,” according to a local review on the Hodi’s website. “A mix of piano and guitar paints a melodic picture that is unique, yet recognizable; deep–yet completely relatable. It’s piano/soul…or, piano for the soul.”

Scott won “Outstanding Vocal Performance Award” at the UNC Jazz Fest, won a scholarship to CSU to study music, and has spent time making it large in Los Angeles. She is a Fort Collins native, and holds Northern Colorado close to her heart.

Hodi’s is humbled to give back to the victims of the flood, as a major venue in the area, it is important to them to give back to their valued community and fans. Scott is sure to inspire all night long, so come ready to share unique music—and share the strength of Northern Colorado.