Biking Clubs Around Fort Collins

Sponsored Content

By Laura Studley

THE FORT COLLINS CYCLING CLUB

From beginner to advanced levels, this club welcomes all bikers. As a not-for-profit bicycling club, this club seeks to promote road cycling in and around the Fort Collins area. This club participates in numerous events around the area that vary in mileage. A membership is required for this club each year. For an individual rider it is $15 and for a family of up to 4 members, it is $25. Non-members are able to ride for free once per year.

OVERLAND MOUNTAIN BIKE CLUB

Open to members from Northern Colorado and Southern Wyoming, members have the opportunity to learn about trail maintenance as well as how to build and patrol trails. The Overland Mountain Bike Club is a federally-registered non-profit organization seeking to promote the active, healthy sport of mountain biking. Alongside group rides, Overland hosts an array of events, and volunteer events throughout the year.

TEAM B.O.B.

Standing for Babes on Bikes, Team B.O.B seeks to promote the sport of mountain biking to all women. With over 70 members, Team B.O.B. meets for weekly rides on Tuesday nights. The group welcomes all members regardless of expertise. The club strives to encourage participation in both recreational and competitive mountain biking through helping women achieve their personal riding goals.

FIRST CITY CYCLING TEAM

Focused on developing culture and community, the FCCT accepts members and sponsors who share the same values and goals of the Team, and are motivated to work towards them together. The Team encourages participation, volunteering, and mentorship. They share a passion for racing and supporting the racing community through local and regional road, mountain and cyclocross races.

FORT FOLLIES

Starting in 2012, Fort Follies is a group that hopes to empower women in the Fort Collins area through riding, racing, and philanthropy. Their goals include connecting women on bikes through group rides, clinics, events, and races, providing skills and mechanical clinics to empower women to start racing and riding more, be an active community member to make women’s voices heard and their participation felt in their cycling community, and hold a strong presence in the grassroots racing series that takes place in the community.

TEAM RIO GRANDE

Formed in 1999, Team Rio Grande is one of the top elite amateur cycling programs in the country with opportunities to train and race year-round. This Fort Collins based group has a passion for the Colorado lifestyle and makes it a goal to love their community. Along with this, their mission also includes acting as ambassadors of cycling, promoting true sportsmanship, and providing quality opportunities for aspiring athletes in all categories.

Photo courtesy of Fort Collins Cycling Club