Companies using Recycled Products

Sponsored Content

As the negative effects of plastics and trash become well-known, companies are trying to focus their products and missions on becoming more environmentally friendly. 

Adidas

Adidas collaborated with Parley for the Oceans, an organization dedicated to addressing threats against the oceans, to launch a collection of shoes and apparel that takes Adidas’ performance tech and combines it with sustainable materials to create environmentally friendly products. 

Each sneaker repurposes roughly 11 plastic bottles before they could enter the oceans. Adidas’ goal for 2020 is to use recycled plastic in all their shoes.

Girlfriend Collective

This athleisure startup makes affordable athletic clothing from recycled plastics like bottles and fishing nets. Many of their products are made from 25 recycled water bottles each. 

Their T-shirts are made from a soft, silky fabric called Cupro that is basically a form of waste from the cotton industry. They also have a recent line of lightweight clothes that is made from recycled fishing nets.

Buffy

Buffy is a startup that makes down-alternative comforters from microfiber and eucalyptus fibers. The interior of the comforters are made from no fewer than 50 recycled bottles and their products are cruelty-free.

So far, they have reclaimed more than 750,000 plastic bottles from entering oceans and landfills and they’ve saved more than 15 million gallons of water by using eucalyptus fiber instead of cotton.

Patagonia

Since 1993, Patagonia has been making recycled polyester from plastic soda bottles. Now, they make the recycled polyester from used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn-out apparel.

The recycled polyester can be found in a wide range of their products and collections including packs, T-shirts, winter weather gear, and more.

Ethique

This company has made more than 30 different kinds of “beauty bars” that are used for a variety of needs, including shampoos, conditioners, moisturizers, self-tanners, body washes and more. The beauty bars last two to five times longer than bottled products because they are so concentrated and don’t use as much water in their products.

Every bar is vegan, naturally-derived, sustainably sourced, and comes in biodegradable packaging. Ethique has prevented more than 3.3 million plastic bottles from being made and disposed of so far.

Sunski Sunglasses

Sunski Sunglasses has made their sunglasses from recycled scrap plastic and they have a warranty that lasts a lifetime. They are also polarized, sold at a super affordable price, and come in packaging that has no plastic. 

Sunski Sunglasses is also a member of 1% for the Planet. This means they donate 1% of their profits to environmental non-profits. They have donated over $150,000 to date.