Update: Celebrity look-alikes at the MW basketball tournament

Every year, you can expect a number of A-list celebrities to come to the Mountain West championship game. It is Las Vegas, after all. This year, I have been taking pictures of fans, players and coaches who may not be A-list (or B-list) celebrities, but resemble them.

Here is a list of some of my favorites from the Mountain West tournament so far.*

Screen Shot 2014-03-15 at 4.06.13 PM

You may know him from Arrested Development as Tobias, or you may know him as the conductor of the San Diego State pep band. Welcome to Thomas & Mack Center, David Cross.

….
Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 9.49.01 PM

I guess Donald Sutherland didn’t die at the beginning of the Italian Job; he must’ve feigned his death to coach New Mexico basketball.

….

Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 10.25.27 PM

This New Mexico fan was one of many who cheered the Lobos to victory against Boise State. I notice that she also strongly resembled Golden Girl Betty White.

…..

Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 9.37.58 PM

“Betty White” wasn’t the only Lobos fan at the game. Legendary guitarist “Carlos Santana” made an appearance, donning one of his many fedoras.

….

Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 10.15.35 PM

Eric Curry has been a basketball official since 1997, one year before President Bill Clinton was impeached. Their hairline similarities cannot be overlooked.

….

Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 10.34.21 PM

You may know him as Bad Grandpa, but Boise State knows him as the Broncos’ No. 1 fan. Too bad his shenanigans couldn’t give his team the win.

….

Alpha Travis

CTV Sports reporter Travis Green was working hard covering the tournament. This candid shot caught him fierce and focused, just like the alpha dog from Pixar’s UP.

….

Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 7.08.20 PM

CSU women’s basketball head coach Ryun Williams drew this comparison. Collegian Sports Editor Quentin Sickafoose has been growing out what he likes to call a “mustache.” Williams referred to him as a “Ron Burgandy [sic] want2b.”

….

Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 11.59.56 PM

Boise State big man Ryan Watkins didn’t win the conference championship, but he looks like Oscar-winning actor Forrest Whitaker (especially in Whitaker’s days at Ridgemont High).

….

Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 9.58.06 PM

The Broncos seem to be full of celebrities. Their star, Anthony Drmic, must spend hours every day trying to get his hair to perfectly match that of Todd from Wedding Crashers. I hear that he really loves to paint.

….

*All photos from the MW conference tournament were taken by Keith Albertson. The other pictures were taken from Google Images.

For of more celebrity look-alikes from the Mountain West championship games, and all the latest in sporting commentary follow Keith Albertson @CTVKeith.