CSU football trailing CU 20-10 at halftime of Showdown

The Rams won the toss to start the game and elected to receive. Leading the Rams, which was a surprise to no one, was QB Garrett Grayson. The Rams went 24 yards and their first drive ended after four plays.

On their first possession of the game, CU went 86 yards in two plays that took only 45 seconds off the clock. CU QB Connor Wood hit WR Paul Richardson for a 82-yard touchdown to make the score 7-0 Buffs.

On their third possession, Grayson fumbled the snap for a loss of 13 yards. The Rams were forced to punt again.

After the Rams held CU to a field goal, the Buffs made the score 10-0 with 32 seconds left int he first quarter. The score remained 10-0 at the end of the first quarter.

A 49-yard field goal by CSU K Jared Roberts put the Rams on the board with 14:17 left in the half.

The Rams receivers struggled to catch the ball in the first half and had four dropped pases.

CU added to their lead after a 17-yard touchdown pass from Wood to WR D.D. Goodson, making the score 17-3 Buffs with 3:56 left in the first half.

The Rams completed their first third-down conversion on their final drive of the half after previously going 0 for 6. With less than two minutes to go in the half, RB Kapri Bibbs ran the ball for seven yards and the score to give the Rams their first touchdown of the game and Bibbs’ first touchdown of his career as a Ram.

After a CU field goal, The Buffs are up 20-10 at the half. They will receive the ball in the second half.

Football Beat Reporter Katie O’Keefe can be reached at sports@collegian.com