Get off the Couch and GO RUN!

Sponsored Content 

By Trigg Skoe

Get your run on with these trail races! Below are a few races that will be occurring in 2019 in and around Fort Collins. Grab a friend and sign up now!

Wellderness 10K/6K-

The Wellderness Weekend at The Ridgeline Hotel is a weekend of fun and self-care in Rocky Mountain National Park. There will be events all weekend long including outdoor fitness, health expos, and wellness seminars.

On the Saturday of the Wellderness Weekend the hosts will be putting on their 6K and 10K trail running races. It will include a loop around Estes Lake and an out and back-up Fish Creek Road Trail. Each participant will receive a T-shirt and a drink/beer after finishing. Don’t miss a chance to run in the Colorado Rockies and sign up soon!

• Start: The Ridge Line Hotel in Estes Park, CO
  • Distance: 6K and 10K
  • Date: Saturday June 1, 2019, 9:00am

Blue Sky Trail Marathon-

Test your running skills at Fort Collins only trail marathon at Blue Sky Trail Marathon. This trail race flows through the foothills just West of Fort Collins with an elevation gain and loss of 3,500 feet and length of 26.2 miles. Blue sky trail is a fun single track trail with gradual inclines and descents.

If a marathon is intimidating this race is a great place to start as it serves for both veteran runners and the first timers. The scenery is amazing and the trail is 100% dirt with 90% single track.Make sure to grab a friend participate in the 11th annual Blue Sky Trail Marathon this Fall.

• Start: Blue Sky Trailhead near Fort Collins, CO
  • Distance: 26.7 miles
  • Date: Saturday October 19, 2019, 7.00am

Black Squirrel Half-

people walking
Photo | Clara Scholtz

Enjoy a scenic half marathon at Lory State Park with the Black Squirrel Half. At 13.1 miles and close to 2,000 feet of vertical gain and descent this half marathon will be sure to fulfill your runner’s high.

The race will have flowy single track and dirt roadways. There will also be a free kids trail race on a 1 mile loop. Following the race will be a pancake breakfast and kick back party.

• Start: Lory State Park near Fort Collins, CO
  • Distance: 13.1 miles
  • Date: Saturday September 7, 2019, 7:00am