Grab a Beer and Bring your Dog – Dog Friendly Breweries in Fort Collins

Trigg Skoe

Sponsored Content 

woman holding puppy
Puppy joining in on the tree pose with the rest of the yoga class in Maxline Brewing on Feb. 10, 2019. (Clara Scholtz | Collegian)

By Trigg Skoe 

As dog owners we want our furry family members to be able to come along for the adventure, but when restrictions don’t allow it like leash laws, avalanche conditions or simply the heat, make sure to bring them for the beer afterwards. All around Fort Collins dog friendly breweries can be found, below are Moose and I’s favorites. Be sure to check what is allowed and what is not along with hours on the breweries websites. And as always if you do bring your pup along please be responsible for them.

Husband and wife and co-founders of Maxline Brewing, Kevin Gearhardt and Cathy Morgan, opened the brewery this past summer. Photo credit: Max Sundberg

Maxline Brewery

This cozy brewery makes you feel right at home. The owners Cathy Morgan and Kevin Gearhardt started brewing Maxline Beers in 2012 and came up with an amazing community focused business that can be enjoyed by all. Come on down and enjoy one of their beers from a Blueberry Lime Sour to your classic IPA. Watch for events like puppy yoga as well!    

New Belgium

People talk
Some people discuss after getting their New Belgium beers. (Devin Cornelius | Collegian)

Starting in a basement, Jeff Lebesch and Kim Jordan came out of the dark and into the light starting New Belgium in 1991 and since has been a big part of the Fort Collins community. From the first brew of Fat Tire amber ale, to their Voodoo Ranger, to the Hemperor, New Belgium always is bringing new ideas and flavors to their beers.

Intersect Brewing

Join other Fort Collins locals at this fine beer establishment. In 2007 the owners moved their two children out to Colorado and in 2016 they decided to share their brewing techniques with the surrounding community. With 10 beers on a rotating tap you’ll be sure to find a tasty beverage for yourself while hanging out with your dog.   

Horse and Dragon

Looking for a classic family run brewery? Head into Horse and Dragon’s taproom where the beer has flowed since 2014 under owners Tim and Carol Cochran. Horse and Dragon gives it beer drinkers a friendly place to enjoy one of their many brews. They have it all from your cold day beer the Snug, a vanilla caramel double cream ale, to the Impish Iguana IPA, to their well known coffee stout Sad Panda.