Colorado Ski Passes and Areas

Trigg Skoe

SPONSORED CONTENT

Austin Burke rides over a wooden rail while snowboarding at Crested Butte, Colorado. (Jack Starebaum | Collegian)

By Trigg Skoe

It’s here, the time you’ve all been waiting for, the snow is falling and the ski lifts are starting up. Ski season is upon us and you may be wondering where you should go to enjoy a day on the mountain, the answer is anywhere! Here are some local recommendations for where to go and the best pass options.

For season long commitments many find themselves happy with the Epic and Ikon pass. If the season pass isn’t quite your cup of tea then the 4 day passes offered at most ski resorts can still fuel the fire over a season. Single day passes can also be purchased from resorts, make sure to ask for discounts for friends and check liftopia for great prices. The drive time on I25 can be long as well, so skip the crowds a few days to explore Eldora and Snowy Range. If you don’t have transportation don’t worry, Snowy Range has a bus that transports people from Fort Collins to the resort.

Photo courtesy of: The CSU snowboarding team

The IKON BASE PASS

• Here are a few of the big resorts offered on the Ikon; Deer Valley, Snowmass, Jackson Hole,  Aspen Highlands, Steamboat, Aspen Mountain, Big Sky, Snowbird, Mammoth, Winter Park, Alta, Solitude, Copper, Taos, Squaw Valley-Alpine Meadows, Brighton
  • $749
  • 8 day passes 25% off from window price

The EPIC LOCAL PASS

• A few of the big resorts on the Epic Local; Whistler Blackcomb, Telluride, Vail, Beaver Creek, Crested Butte, Breckenridge, Park City, Keystone, Northstar, Heavenly
  • $709
  • Six Ski With A Friend (SWAF) varying discounts for friends and family

Eldora Ski Resort

Many students took the snow day as an opportunity to bring out their ski and snowboarding gear, finding spots on campus to ride.
  • An hour and 45 minutes from Fort Collins
  • $89 day passes
  • Terrain Park offered with varying skill levels and features

Snowy Range Ski Resort

• An hour and 50 minutes from Fort Collins
  • $49 day passes
  • Checkout the Front Range bus on the Snowy Range website for details about how to get a ride