Spring Break Trips: The College Way

SPONSORED CONTENT

By Michael Berg

Regional Trips (Reasonable Driving Distance)

Arches National Park (Michael Berg | RamPage)

Utah National Parks (6-9 hrs)- I would argue that Utah is the best spring break destination for your buck. It has warm weather and plenty of outdoor activities to take advantage of. World class hiking/backpacking, mountain biking, off-roading, and rafting await you, and Utah is only a 6 hour drive from Fort Collins. Arches, Canyonlands, Zion, and Bryce Canyon each respectively have mind blowing scenery; so, if you are looking to “ball on a budget” in the outdoors, look here for your next adventure.

CO Snowboarding/Skiing (3-6 hrs)- In my opinion, there are few things out there in the world that beat spring skiing in Colorado. March is statistically the snowiest month in Colorado, that means the best powder of the year mixed with those gorgeous bluebird days. You can’t ask for much more in my book when looking to hit the slopes. I have boarded Steamboat Springs the past two spring breaks and have had three plus feet of fresh snow each trip. If you want to stay close by for spring break and don’t mind the cold weather, CO ski resorts have plenty of world class skiing to offer.

Arizona (12-15 hrs)- Another state to visit for spring break if you are looking for warm weather would have to be Arizona. Whether you choose to road trip or fly, there are plenty of adventures to be had in this sunshine retreat. The Grand Canyon is one of the most magnificent natural wonders of the world, and offers phenomenal hiking/backpacking and rafting opportunities. Sedona, AZ is another classic place to visit for outdoor enthusiasts. If you are looking for more city life, then Scottsdale and Phoenix, AZ offer plenty of exciting nightlife and shopping.

Grand Teton National Park (Michael Berg | RamPage)

Wyoming National Parks (7-9 hrs)- Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Park are top notch national parks in regards to scenery and pure history. Additionally, they are only about a 7-8 hour drive from Fort Collins. I would personally recommend visiting Jackson Hole, WY which is easily one of the most popular ski towns in the U.S.

Spring Break Travel Tips

1. Planning ahead helps for a smooth trip
  2. Have a backup plan for when things don’t go as planned
  3. Experience some of the local’s favorite spots to hang out
  4. Save extra money ahead of time for unexpected expenses
  5. Time flies when you are having fun, so take full advantage of spring break

National Trips (If you are looking for a beach filled spring break with warm weather, and want to stay within the states, then here are three popular places to throw down spring break style.)

• South Padre Island and Corpus Christi, Texas

• Panama City Beach and Miami, Florida

• Southern California

International Trips (If you are lucky enough to have little to no budget this spring break, well these four places are relatively easy to fly to and are guaranteed to impress.)  

• Cancun, Mexico

• The Bahamas

• Cuba

• Ski Whistler Blackcomb in BC, Canada

Want to get your club’s news, events or games published on RamPage? Contact RamPage editor Michael Berg at mike.bergfoco@gmail.com

Your advertising and sponsorship support is appreciated. Contact Doug Hay at dhay@collegian.com to learn how you can advertise or sponsor RamPage.