Unlocking the Digital Treasure: A Dive into Cryptocurrency Exchanges

Ever wondered, amid all this digital currency buzz, what is the value of Ethereum today? It's a question that sparks the curiosity of many,...

Green Report: Cannabis Cocktails

Two opaque green shots of liquid marijuana
A shot version of liquid marijuana (Photo courtesy of Will Shenton, Wikimedia)

Put the kids to bed for this one (not that they should be up reading this blog anyway) because today we are going to make some cocktails infused with cannabis! Oh boy! Two of our favorite things in one? That should be illegal! Well, only if you look at federal law or don’t live in a medical or recreational state, but we are here in Colorado, so it is just fine!

Colorado dispensaries cannot sell cannabis infused alcohol, but that does not mean you cannot make it for personal consumption at home. It is easy too! Just like most edibles we make! However, it does take a longer time than most.

Before we make it however, I would like to stress that you should consume cannabis infused liquor at your own risk, as some people cannot handle this combination very well and it can make them extremely sick if too much is consumed, for others, the combination of liquor and alcohol does not have that much of different effect than just drinking or cannabis consumption alone.

To get started, we will need a bottle of your favorite liquor. None of that flavored stuff either. We do not want the extra sugar contained in those, we can add sugar or simple syrup to any cocktail we make if the drink is too bitter. Obviously, different cocktails require different liquors, so keep that in mind. Clear, high proof alcohol tends to work best for this recipe too, for the flavor of the cannabis to shine, but feel free to infuse some bourbon if you would like.

You do not need to infuse the entire bottle, just reduce the recipe accordingly. We will also need some decarboxylated cannabis. Anywhere from a gram to a quarter is good, depending on how strong you want it. An eighth is a good starting place and then you can adjust from there.

Once you have your decarbed cannabis, add it directly into your liquor. After that, just shake up your liquor bottle once a day for a week minimum, two weeks maximum. Once time is up, strain your liquor using cheesecloth and a strainer, to get all the plant matter out of the liquid. The finer the strainer the better in this situation, you do not want bits of bud in your cocktail.

Once that step is complete you are done! Now it is time to make your favorite cocktail. Here is a few that work great with cannabis infused alcohol! Enjoy responsibly!

Gin and Chronic

1.5 ounces of cannabis infused gin

4-6 ounces tonic water

1 ounce lime juice

Pour cannabis infused gin over ice along with lime juice, then pour tonic water on top of that. Stir well and garnish with lime wedge

Maryjito

8-10 mint leaves

1 sugar cube or about 1 tablespoon of sugar

Half a lime cut into quarters

2 ounces cannabis infused rum

4-6 ounces club soda

Muddle mint leaves with sugar and lime, once muddled, add ice, rum stir well then add the club soda and lightly stir. Garnish with lime wedge and mint.

Liquid Marijuana

¾ ounce cannabis infused spiced or white rum

¾ ounce melon liqueur

¾ ounce coconut rum

¾ ounce blue curaçao

1 ounce sweet and sour mix

1 ounce Pineapple Juice

Combine all ingredients over ice, garnish with a slice of pineapple.