How to Increase eCommerce Sales with SEO

With the development of the online shopping market, SEO has become a crucial factor in driving targeted traffic and increasing sales. Effective...

Bridgette Hutton wins Mountain West Pitcher of the Week

A key part of Colorado State softball’s early success this season, junior pitcher Bridgette Hutton was announced as the Mountain West Pitcher of the Week Wednesday. Hutton went 2-1 last week in CSU’s trip to the Hillenbrand Invitational with a 1.56 ERA.

Hutton releases ball
Colorado State University’s Bridgette Hutton (13) pitches during a game against Buffalo on Friday, March 3, 2017. (Forrest Czarnecki | Collegian)

Hutton pitched complete games against the University of Troy and the University of Arizona along with a win against the University of Montana to help the Rams continue their fast start. It is her second time winning the award in her career, and the first conference award for the Rams this season.

In six games this season, Hutton has a 2.21 ERA and a 5-1 record for the Rams (7-1). One of many Hutton’s to attend CSU and play sports behind her sisters, mother, uncle and grandfather, Hutton is just living up to the family name. Earlier this year, her sister, Haley Hutton, won the Outstanding Achievement in Softball from the Sportswomen of Colorado

The Platteville, Colo. native will have her first chance to play in front of a home crowd on Feb. 27 at 3 p.m. as CSU takes on in-state rival, the University of Northern Colorado.

Sports reporter Mack Beaulieu can be reached online at sports@collegian.com or on twitter @Macknz_James