Flower Power Botanicals in Fort Collins Celebrates ‘420’ all April with these amazing Deals & Promotions:

In Colorado, April is always the month to celebrate, especially if you are a medical and recreational marijuana dispensary in Fort Collins. On...

CSU hoops transfer Behanan’s future with team now uncertain

Behanan_Chane_21The Chane Behanan saga continues.

But, the chapter in which he attempts to resurrect his image and his basketball career at Colorado State University may be over before it was ever written.

According to a report from Adam Zagoria of sny.tv Wednesday morning, the former Louisville standout and Colorado State transfer has hired an agent and will enter the NBA Draft. Rated as the 48th-best junior prospect by draftexpress.com, Behanan is currently projected to go undrafted.

However, following news of the report, Behanan denied that any decision had been made.

“Never reported anything so don’t listen. If I haven’t said it then it’s not true,” Behanan tweeted from his personal Twitter account, @chanetrigga5.

Behanan, a 6’6″, 250-pound forward who committed to the Rams in January, was enrolled in online classes this spring while attending former NBA coach John Lucas’ drug rehabilitation program in Houston. He was expected to join the Rams this summer and become eligible in late December in time for the Mountain West conference season.

But, during a traffic stop in the early morning of April 2, Behanan was cited for marijuana possession in Louisville, the same offense he was reportedly dismissed from the university for in December. In a statement following Behanan’s citation, Colorado State head coach Larry Eustachy called the news “very concerning” and said he was “looking into the situation.”

Behanan has a court date in Lousiville scheduled for next Tuesday, April 29. Despite his legal troubles, there was no expectation of Behanan being released from his scholarship.

Following news of Behanan’s possible decision to enter the draft, Eustachy released a statement through the CSU athletic department.

“We’ve been in contact with Chane, and are aware that he is looking at all options to continue his playing career,” Eustachy said. “We want what is best for Chane, and will support him in whatever decision he makes. We will know more in the coming days.”

Behanan averaged 9.4 points and 6.8 rebounds in 91 career games with the Cardinals, including two double-doubles in last year’s Final Four where he helped lead Lousiville to the national championship.

Collegian Reporter Keegan Pope can be reached at sports@collegian.com and on Twitter @kpopecollegian.