CSU women’s basketball at SJSU preview

CSU begins the final week of the regular season for women’s basketball at San Jose State. The Rams (22-5, 14-2MW) clinched MW title and No.1 spot heading into the conference tournament next weekend.

Tuesday’s game serves not only  as another game on the schedule but a chance to tighten up the loose ends in its final road game of the season.

For fans interested in watching the game online or listening to it live, the game will be broadcasted live on AM 1410 KIIXCountry.com as well as a live video available on the MW Network. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. MT.

Things to look for during the match are guard AJ Newton with quick turnovers and high percentages on the three-point line along with forward Sam Martin. Starters for the Rams will look to shoot inside the paint early while standing strong on the arch.

CSU is successful on offense when it comes off strong in the first half, though its second half has been the strongest.

The last appearance between the Rams and Spartans ended in a 101-60 victory for CSU. The match-up was the first between the two and was the second 100-point victory on the season.

A win would extend the most wins ever for CSU in the MW, with 15 conference victories and earn the most-ever conference wins, surpassing the old mark from 1998-99.  Not to mention it would be a boost of momentum going into the weekend against Wyoming at home. 

Collegian Assistant Sports Editor Haleigh Hamblin can be reached at sports@collegian.com and on Twitter @haleighhamblin.

Break Out: Statistic Comparison CSU- San Jose

Points Per Game: CSU 72.7, SJSU: 77.3

Points Allowed Per Game: CSU 60.9, SJSU 87.0

Field Goal Percentage: CSU .430, SJSU .371

Opponent Field Goal Percentage CSU .373, SJSU .433

Three-Point Field Goal Percentage: CSU.335, SJSU .307

Opponent Three-Point Field Goal Percentage

Rebounding Margin: CSU 0.9, SJSU -6.9

Rebounds Per Game: 38.9, SJSU 43.1

Turnovers Per Game: CSU 12.0, SJSU 18.8

Opponent Turn Overs Per Game: CSU 15.4, SJSU 8.4

Steals Per Game: CSU 7.4, SJSU 8.4

Blocks Per Game: CSU 3.5, SJSU 3.9