5 Strategies for Landing Your Dream Job After Graduation

Graduated and feeling lost about your next steps? Looking to set up your life, find a good job, and earn money? Who doesn’t want that, right?...

Our Print Edition
Courtesy of Democratic Socialists of America Fort Collins
Palestine Benefit Concert supports local families through art, music
Cadence Cardona, Staff Reporter • July 14, 2024
National: Shooting at Trump rally leaves attendee dead, violence condemned by Colorado politicians
Allie Seibel, Editor in Chief • July 14, 2024
A graphic of a mother and daughter walking down a red, white and blue striped path facing fireworks in the distance. At the base of the path is a small brown truck.
Fort Collins' annual Independence Day Parade draws international crowd
Sophia Masia, Staff Reporter • July 9, 2024
In an indoor gym, a woman track athlete holds a shotput ball above her head in preparation to throw.
Morris, Lesnar, Hawkins represent Rams in US Summer Olympics team trials
Adam Gross, Staff Reporter • July 7, 2024
View All

NFL star Joey Porter rejoining CSU Football

English: Porter prior to a game in 2006. Joey ...
English: Porter prior to a game in 2006. Joey Porter. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

The Colorado State University Athletic Department announced Wednesday the acquisition of NFL Super Bowl champion Joey Porter.

Porter, a former CSU football star, will join head coach Jim McElwain and the Rams as an undergraduate student assistant coach. Porter will also be taking courses while at CSU, in hope of obtaining the degree he never completed prior to joining the NFL.

CSU football took to Twitter to express their happiness.

“CSU Rams great & All-Pro Joey Porter will return to CSU as an undergraduate student assistant coach. He will assist the coaching staff while taking classes to complete his undergraduate degree. Proud to have Joey back in Fort Collins!”

Porter was drafted into the NFL in 1999 in the 3 round by the Pittsburgh Steelers. In 2005, he was a member of the World Champion Steelers, wearing #55.

Porter found success both at the collegiate level at CSU, and in the NFL with the Steelers. Porter led the AFC in quarterback sacks in 2008. In 2002, 2004, 2005 and 2008, Porter was honored with both NFL All-Pro and NFL Pro-Bowl selections.

Topping off Porter’s success, he was named to the 2000’s NFL All-Decade team.

Prior to rejoining the Rams, Porter played for the Steelers, Miami Dolphins and Arizona Cardinals.

Content producer Dillon Thomas can be reached at news@collegian.com.