Group of students participating in an art class while at school in the North East of England. They are using modelling clay and a teacher is helping them through the process.
The Influence of Art Education on Student Development

Education as a whole has always played an important role in the development and formation of the individual. Art education has an even greater...

Horoscopes 9/2/2020

Horoscopes can be applied to your sun, moon and rising signs. 

(Illustration by Amy Noble, Rachel Macias, Katrina Clasen | The Collegian)

ARIES (March 21-April 19) Make time to take a break from responsibilities today. Be more intentional about how you manage time for yourself. You’re at your worst when you neglect your needs. 

TAURUS (April 20-May 20) Give yourself a pat on the back. Whether or not you realize it, you’re on the right track. 

GEMINI (May 21-June 20) Expect a wave of intense feelings. You’re more than capable of dealing with turbulent emotions as long as you’re willing to face them. If not, have fun drowning in them.

CANCER (June 21-July 22) Tell the people around you how you really feel about them. Give love where you receive it, and consider making the conscious effort to distance yourself from people who don’t value you. 

LEO (July 23-Aug. 22) Engage in your rawest form of beauty. True beauty is simply a vessel for your existence. You don’t need any accessories to exist when you accept yourself in your truest form. 

VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22) Vulnerability is hot. Wear your emotions on your sleeve. Your feelings are valid and deserve to be heard. If you don’t feel respected, you need new people in your life. 

LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22) Like Leo, you’re more than just a pretty face. However, Leos know who they are — do you? Develop a relationship with yourself instead of others. Your worth comes from within and not from the validation of others. 

SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21) You don’t appreciate your resilience enough. Honor your story, your presence in this world and the gifts you possess. Let go of self-deprecating thoughts that say you don’t deserve to be here.

SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21) Drop the ego today. Can you go one day without being the loudest person in the room? Avoid taking up space just to take up space. You’re not the only person with an opinion. 

CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19) Surrender to your imagination. You don’t have to be so grown-up all the time. Let your inner child guide you to fresh ideas. 

AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18) Let go of your fear of scarcity. You have everything you need to live comfortably. Be grateful for what you have today. Developing a vision of love will help you envision a more abundant tomorrow.

PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20) Let your light shine. Your existence is magical and reminds others to take a break from the oppressive day-to-day routines that make their lives monotonous. You’re a leader toward collective liberation. Keep being yourself.

Jorge Espinoza can be reached at letters@collegian.com or on Twitter @jorgespinoza14.